Meaning of HIP in English
vt to make with a hip or hips, as a roof.
2. hip ·noun ·alt. of hipps.
3. hip ·interj used to excite attention or as a signal; as, hip, hip, hurra!.
4. hip ·noun the fruit of a rosebush, especially of the english dog-rose (rosa canina).
5. hip ·noun in a bridge truss, the place where an inclined end post meets the top chord.
6. hip ·vt to throw (one's adversary) over one's hip in wrestling (technically called cross buttock).
7. hip ·noun the projecting region of the lateral parts of one side of the pelvis and the hip joint; the haunch; the huckle.
8. hip ·noun the external angle formed by the meeting of two sloping sides or skirts of a roof, which have their wall plates running in different directions.
9. hip ·vt to dislocate or sprain the hip of, to fracture or injure the hip bone of (a quadruped) in such a manner as to produce a permanent depression of that side.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012