Meaning of JOIN in English
vt to unite in marriage.
2. join ·vt to enjoin upon; to command.
3. join ·noun the line joining two points; the point common to two intersecting lines.
4. join ·vt to accept, or engage in, as a contest; as, to join encounter, battle, issue.
5. join ·vt to associate one's self to; to be or become connected with; to league one's self with; to unite with; as, to join a party; to join the church.
6. join ·vi to be contiguous, close, or in contact; to come together; to unite; to mingle; to form a union; as, the hones of the skull join; two rivers join.
7. join ·vt to bring together, literally or figuratively; to place in contact; to connect; to couple; to unite; to combine; to associate; to add; to append.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012