Meaning of LEFT in English
impf & ·p.p. of leave.
2. left ·impf & ·p.p. of leave.
3. left ·noun that part of surrounding space toward which the left side of one's body is turned; as, the house is on the left when you face north.
4. left ·noun those members of a legislative assembly (as in france) who are in the opposition; the advanced republicans and extreme radicals. they have their seats at the left-hand side of the presiding officer. ·see center, and right.
5. left ·add. ·adj situated so that the left side of the body is toward it; as, the left side of a deliberative meeting is that to the left of the presiding officer; the left wing of an army is that to the left of the center to one facing an enemy.
6. left ·adj of or pertaining to that side of the body in man on which the muscular action of the limbs is usually weaker than on the other side;
opposed to right, when used in reference to a part of the body; as, the left hand, or arm; the left ear. also said of the corresponding side of the lower animals.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012