Meaning of MEMBER in English
noun hence, a part of a whole; an independent constituent of a body.
2. member ·noun a part of a discourse or of a period or sentence; a clause; a part of a verse.
3. member ·noun a part of an animal capable of performing a distinct office; an organ; a limb.
4. member ·noun either of the two parts of an algebraic equation, connected by the sign of equality.
5. member ·vt to remember; to cause to remember; to mention.
6. member ·noun any essential part, as a post, tie rod, strut, ·etc., of a framed structure, as a bridge truss.
7. member ·noun any part of a building, whether constructional, as a pier, column, lintel, or the like, or decorative, as a molding, or group of moldings.
8. member ·noun one of the persons composing a society, community, or the like; an individual forming part of an association; as, a member of the society of friends.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012