Meaning of NODE in English
noun a swelling.
2. node ·noun the knot, intrigue, or plot of a piece.
3. node ·noun a knot, a knob; a protuberance; a swelling.
4. node ·noun the joint of a stem, or the part where a leaf or several leaves are inserted.
5. node ·noun the point at which a curve crosses itself, being a double point of the curve. ·see crunode, and acnode.
6. node ·noun the point at which the lines of a funicular machine meet from different angular directions;
called also knot.
7. node ·noun one of the fixed points of a sonorous string, when it vibrates by aliquot parts, and produces the harmonic tones; nodal line or point.
8. node ·noun a hard concretion or incrustation which forms upon bones attacked with rheumatism, gout, or syphilis; sometimes also, a swelling in the neighborhood of a joint.
9. node ·noun one of the two points where the orbit of a planet, or comet, intersects the ecliptic, or the orbit of a satellite intersects the plane of the orbit of its primary.
10. node ·noun a hole in the gnomon of a dial, through which passes the ray of light which marks the hour of the day, the parallels of the sun's declination, his place in the ecliptic, ·etc.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012