Meaning of ORIGINAL in English
noun origin; commencement; source.
2. original ·noun a person of marked eccentricity.
3. original ·adj before unused or unknown; new; as, a book full of original matter.
4. original ·noun an original thinker or writer; an originator.
5. original ·adj having the power to suggest new thoughts or combinations of thought; inventive; as, an original genius.
6. original ·adj not copied, imitated, or translated; new; fresh; genuine; as, an original thought; an original process; the original text of scripture.
7. original ·noun that which precedes all others of its class; archetype; first copy; hence, an original work of art, manuscript, text, and the like, as distinguished from a copy, translation, ·etc.
8. original ·noun the natural or wild species from which a domesticated or cultivated variety has been derived; as, the wolf is thought by some to be the original of the dog, the blackthorn the original of the plum.
9. original ·adj pertaining to the origin or beginning; preceding all others; first in order; primitive; primary; pristine; as, the original state of man; the original laws of a country; the original inventor of a process.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012