Meaning of PANEL in English
noun a heap of dressed ore.
2. panel ·noun one of the faces of a hewn stone.
3. panel ·vt to form in or with panels; as, to panel a wainscot.
4. panel ·noun a prisoner arraigned for trial at the bar of a criminal court.
5. panel ·noun a slab or plank of wood upon which, instead of canvas, a picture is painted.
6. panel ·noun a portion of a framed structure between adjacent posts or struts, as in a bridge truss.
7. panel ·noun a board having its edges inserted in the groove of a surrounding frame; as, the panel of a door.
8. panel ·noun a sunken compartment with raised margins, molded or otherwise, as in ceilings, wainscotings, ·etc.
9. panel ·noun formerly, a piece of cloth serving as a saddle; hence, a soft pad beneath a saddletree to prevent chafing.
10. panel ·noun a plain strip or band, as of velvet or plush, placed at intervals lengthwise on the skirt of a dress, for ornament.
11. panel ·noun one of the districts divided by pillars of extra size, into which a mine is laid off in one system of extracting coal.
12. panel ·noun a piece of parchment or a schedule, containing the names of persons summoned as jurors by the sheriff; hence, more generally, the whole jury.
13. panel ·add. ·noun a segment of an aeroplane wing. in a biplane the outer panel extends from the wing tip to the next row of posts, and is trussed by oblique stay wires.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012