Meaning of PURCHASE in English
vt to buy for a price.
2. purchase ·vi to acquire wealth or property.
3. purchase ·vt to expiate by a fine or forfeit.
4. purchase ·vt the act of seeking and acquiring property.
5. purchase ·vt the act of seeking, getting, or obtaining anything.
6. purchase ·vt to acquire by any means except descent or inheritance.
7. purchase ·vt that which is obtained for a price in money or its equivalent.
8. purchase ·vt to pursue and obtain; to acquire by seeking; to gain, obtain, or acquire.
9. purchase ·vi to put forth effort to obtain anything; to strive; to exert one's self.
10. purchase ·vt to obtain by paying money or its equivalent; to buy for a price; as, to purchase land, or a house.
11. purchase ·vt the acquisition of title to, or properly in, anything for a price; buying for money or its equivalent.
12. purchase ·vt to obtain by any outlay, as of labor, danger, or sacrifice, ·etc.; as, to purchase favor with flattery.
13. purchase ·vt acquisition of lands or tenements by other means than descent or inheritance, namely, by one's own act or agreement.
14. purchase ·vt that which is obtained, got, or acquired, in any manner, honestly or dishonestly; property; possession; acquisition.
15. purchase ·vt to apply to (anything) a device for obtaining a mechanical advantage; to get a purchase upon, or apply a purchase to; as, to purchase a cannon.
xvi. purchase ·vt any mechanical hold, or advantage, applied to the raising or removing of heavy bodies, as by a lever, a tackle, capstan, and the like; also, the apparatus, tackle, or device by which the advantage is gained.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012