Meaning of QUOTE in English
vt to set down, as in writing.
2. quote ·vt to name the current price of.
3. quote ·noun a note upon an author.
4. quote ·vt to notice; to observe; to examine.
5. quote ·vt to cite a passage from; to name as the authority for a statement or an opinion; as, to quote shakespeare.
6. quote ·vt to cite, as a passage from some author; to name, repeat, or adduce, as a passage from an author or speaker, by way of authority or illustration; as, to quote a passage from homer.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012