Meaning of RARE in English
2. rare ·superl thinly scattered; dispersed.
3. rare ·superl not frequent; seldom met with or occurring; unusual; as, a rare event.
4. rare ·superl of an uncommon nature; unusually excellent; valuable to a degree seldom found.
5. rare ·superl nearly raw; partially cooked; not thoroughly cooked; underdone; as, rare beef or mutton.
6. rare ·superl characterized by wide separation of parts; of loose texture; not thick or dense; thin; as, a rare atmosphere at high elevations.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012