Meaning of RECKONING in English
noun esteem; account; estimation.
2. reckoning ·noun an account of time.
3. reckoning ·noun the position of a ship as determined by calculation.
4. reckoning ·p.pr. & ·vb.n. of reckon.
5. reckoning ·noun the charge or account made by a host at an inn.
6. reckoning ·noun adjustment of claims and accounts; settlement of obligations, liabilities, ·etc.
7. reckoning ·noun the act of one who reckons, counts, or computes; the result of reckoning or counting; calculation.
8. reckoning ·noun the calculation of a ship's position, either from astronomical observations, or from the record of the courses steered and distances sailed as shown by compass and log, in the latter case called dead reckoning (see under dead);
also used for dead reckoning in contradistinction to observation.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012