Meaning of REPAIR in English
vi to return.
2. repair ·noun the act of repairing or resorting to a place.
3. repair ·noun place to which one repairs; a haunt; a resort.
4. repair ·vt to make amends for, as for an injury, by an equivalent; to indemnify for; as, to repair a loss or damage.
5. repair ·noun condition with respect to soundness, perfectness, ·etc.; as, a house in good, or bad, repair; the book is out of repair.
6. repair ·vi to go; to betake one's self; to resort; ass, to repair to sanctuary for safety.
7. repair ·noun restoration to a sound or good state after decay, waste, injury, or partial restruction; supply of loss; reparation; as, materials are collected for the repair of a church or of a city.
8. repair ·vt to restore to a sound or good state after decay, injury, dilapidation, or partial destruction; to renew; to restore; to mend; as, to repair a house, a road, a shoe, or a ship; to repair a shattered fortune.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012