vi to look back; to make a review.
2. review ·noun to view or see again; to look back on.
3. review ·noun a lesson studied or recited for a second time.
4. review ·noun to go over and examine critically or deliberately.
5. review ·noun to retrace; to go over again.
6. review ·noun the judicial examination of the proceedings of a lower court by a higher.
7. review ·noun a critical examination of a publication, with remarks; a criticism; a critique.
8. review ·noun to reexamine judically; as, a higher court may review the proceedings and judgments of a lower one.
9. review ·noun an examination with a view to amendment or improvement; revision; as, an author's review of his works.
10. review ·noun to make a formal or official examination of the state of, as troops, and the like; as, to review a regiment.
11. review ·noun a periodical containing critical essays upon matters of interest, as new productions in literature, art, ·etc.
12. review ·noun to reconsider; to revise, as a manuscript before printing it, or a book for a new edition.
13. review ·noun a second or repeated view; a reexamination; a retrospective survey; a looking over again; as, a review of one's studies; a review of life.
14. review ·noun to go over with critical examination, in order to discover exellences or defects; hence, to write a critical notice of; as, to review a new novel.
15. review ·noun an inspection, as of troops under arms or of a naval force, by a high officer, for the purpose of ascertaining the state of discipline, equipments, ·etc.