Meaning of RIDGE in English
vt to wrinkle.
2. ridge ·noun the back, or top of the back; a crest.
3. ridge ·vt to form into ridges with the plow, as land.
4. ridge ·noun the highest portion of the glacis proceeding from the salient angle of the covered way.
5. ridge ·vt to form a ridge of; to furnish with a ridge or ridges; to make into a ridge or ridges.
6. ridge ·noun a range of hills or mountains, or the upper part of such a range; any extended elevation between valleys.
7. ridge ·noun a raised line or strip, as of ground thrown up by a plow or left between furrows or ditches, or as on the surface of metal, cloth, or bone, ·etc.
8. ridge ·noun the intersection of two surface forming a salient angle, especially the angle at the top between the opposite slopes or sides of a roof or a vault.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012