Meaning of ROCKET in English
2. rocket ·noun a blunt lance head used in the joust.
3. rocket ·noun rocket larkspur. ·see below.
4. rocket ·noun a cruciferous plant (eruca sativa) sometimes eaten in europe as a salad.
5. rocket ·vi to rise straight up; said of birds; usually in the present participle or as an adjective.
6. rocket ·noun an artificial firework consisting of a cylindrical case of paper or metal filled with a composition of combustible ingredients, as niter, charcoal, and sulphur, and fastened to a guiding stick. the rocket is projected through the air by the force arising from the expansion of the gases liberated by combustion of the composition. rockets are used as projectiles for various purposes, for signals, and also for pyrotechnic display.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012