Meaning of ROOM in English
adj spacious; roomy.
2. room ·vi to occupy a room or rooms; to lodge; as, they arranged to room together.
3. room ·noun a particular portion of space appropriated for occupancy; a place to sit, stand, or lie; a seat.
4. room ·noun especially, space in a building or ship inclosed or set apart by a partition; an apartment or chamber.
5. room ·noun possibility of admission; ability to admit; opportunity to act; fit occasion; as, to leave room for hope.
6. room ·noun place or position in society; office; rank; post; station; also, a place or station once belonging to, or occupied by, another, and vacated.
7. room ·noun unobstructed spase; space which may be occupied by or devoted to any object; compass; extent of place, great or small; as, there is not room for a house; the table takes up too much room.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012