Meaning of ROYAL in English
noun a small mortar.
2. royal ·add. ·noun a royal spade.
3. royal ·adj noble; generous; magnificent; princely.
4. royal ·noun a small sail immediately above the topgallant sail.
5. royal ·noun an old english coin. ·see rial.
6. royal ·noun printing and writing papers of particular sizes. ·see under paper, ·noun.
7. royal ·noun one of the upper or distal branches of an antler, as the third and fourth tynes of the antlers of a stag.
8. royal ·adj under the patronage of royality; holding a charter granted by the sovereign; as, the royal academy of arts; the royal society.
9. royal ·adj kingly; pertaining to the crown or the sovereign; suitable for a king or queen; regal; as, royal power or prerogative; royal domains; the royal family; royal state.
10. royal ·noun one of the soldiers of the first regiment of foot of the british army, formerly called the royals, and supposed to be the oldest regular corps in europe;
now called the royal scots.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012