Meaning of SAND in English
noun courage; pluck; grit.
2. sand ·vt to drive upon the sand.
3. sand ·noun a single particle of such stone.
4. sand ·vt to sprinkle or cover with sand.
5. sand ·vt to bury (oysters) beneath drifting sand or mud.
6. sand ·vt to mix with sand for purposes of fraud; as, to sand sugar.
7. sand ·noun the sand in the hourglass; hence, a moment or interval of time; the term or extent of one's life.
8. sand ·noun tracts of land consisting of sand, like the deserts of arabia and africa; also, extensive tracts of sand exposed by the ebb of the tide.
9. sand ·noun fine particles of stone, ·esp. of siliceous stone, but not reduced to dust; comminuted stone in the form of loose grains, which are not coherent when wet.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012