Meaning of SEQUENCE in English
noun the state of being sequent; succession; order of following; arrangement.
2. sequence ·noun that which follows or succeeds as an effect; sequel; consequence; result.
3. sequence ·noun a melodic phrase or passage successively repeated one tone higher; a rosalia.
4. sequence ·noun three or more cards of the same suit in immediately consecutive order of value; as, ace, king, and queen; or knave, ten, nine, and eight.
5. sequence ·noun all five cards, of a hand, in consecutive order as to value, but not necessarily of the same suit; when of one suit, it is called a sequence flush.
6. sequence ·noun any succession of chords (or harmonic phrase) rising or falling by the regular diatonic degrees in the same scale; a succession of similar harmonic steps.
7. sequence ·noun a hymn introduced in the mass on certain festival days, and recited or sung immediately before the gospel, and after the gradual or introit, whence the name.
8. sequence ·noun simple succession, or the coming after in time, without asserting or implying causative energy; as, the reactions of chemical agents may be conceived as merely invariable sequences.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012