Meaning of SILVER in English
adj precious; costly.
2. silver ·adj resembling silver.
3. silver ·noun the color of silver.
4. silver ·adj sweet; gentle; peaceful.
5. silver ·adj bright; resplendent; white.
6. silver ·vi to acquire a silvery color.
7. silver ·noun coin made of silver; silver money.
8. silver ·vt to make hoary, or white, like silver.
9. silver ·adj giving a clear, ringing sound soft and clear.
10. silver ·noun anything having the luster or appearance of silver.
11. silver ·vt to polish like silver; to impart a brightness to, like that of silver.
12. silver ·adj of or pertaining to silver; made of silver; as, silver leaf; a silver cup.
13. silver ·vt to cover with silver; to give a silvery appearance to by applying a metal of a silvery color; as, to silver a pin; to silver a glass mirror plate with an amalgam of tin and mercury.
14. silver ·noun a soft white metallic element, sonorous, ductile, very malleable, and capable of a high degree of polish. it is found native, and also combined with sulphur, arsenic, antimony, chlorine, ·etc., in the minerals argentite, proustite, pyrargyrite, ceragyrite, ·etc. silver is one of the "noble" metals, so-called, not being easily oxidized, and is used for coin, jewelry, plate, and a great variety of articles. symbol ag (argentum). atomic weight 107.7. specific gravity 10.5.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012