Meaning of SPEED in English
noun to be expedient.
2. speed ·noun to make haste; to move with celerity.
3. speed ·noun prosperity in an undertaking; favorable issue; success.
4. speed ·noun to go; to fare.
5. speed ·noun one who, or that which, causes or promotes speed or success.
6. speed ·vt to hasten to a conclusion; to expedite.
7. speed ·noun to fare well; to have success; to prosper.
8. speed ·vt to cause to be successful, or to prosper; hence, to aid; to favor.
9. speed ·noun to experience in going; to have any condition, good or ill; to fare.
10. speed ·vt to wish success or god fortune to, in any undertaking, especially in setting out upon a journey.
11. speed ·vt to hurry to destruction; to put an end to; to ruin; to undo.
12. speed ·noun the act or state of moving swiftly; swiftness; velocity; rapidly; rate of motion; dispatch; as, the speed a horse or a vessel.
13. speed ·vt to cause to make haste; to dispatch with celerity; to drive at full speed; hence, to hasten; to hurry.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012