Meaning of STACK in English
adj a pile of wood containing 108 cubic feet.
2. stack ·adj a pile of poles or wood, indefinite in quantity.
3. stack ·adj a number of flues embodied in one structure, rising above the roof. hence:.
4. stack ·adj a data structure within random-access memory used to simulate a hardware stack; as, a push-down stack.
5. stack ·adj a section of memory in a computer used for temporary storage of data, in which the last datum stored is the first retrieved.
6. stack ·noun to lay in a conical or other pile; to make into a large pile; as, to stack hay, cornstalks, or grain; to stack or place wood.
7. stack ·adj any single insulated and prominent structure, or upright pipe, which affords a conduit for smoke; as, the brick smokestack of a factory; the smokestack of a steam vessel.
8. stack ·adj a large pile of hay, grain, straw, or the like, usually of a nearly conical form, but sometimes rectangular or oblong, contracted at the top to a point or ridge, and sometimes covered with thatch.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012