Meaning of TERMINAL in English
noun that which terminates or ends; termination; extremity.
2. terminal ·noun of or pertaining to the end or extremity; forming the extremity; as, a terminal edge.
3. terminal ·add. ·noun a town lying at the end of a railroad;
more properly called a terminus.
4. terminal ·noun growing at the end of a branch or stem; terminating; as, a terminal bud, flower, or spike.
5. terminal ·add. ·adj pertaining to a railroad terminal; connected with the receipt or delivery of freight; as, terminal charges.
6. terminal ·add. ·noun the end of a line of railroad, with the switches, stations, sheds, and other appliances pertaining thereto.
7. terminal ·add. ·noun any station for the delivery or receipt of freight lying too far from the main line to be served by mere sidings.
8. terminal ·noun either of the ends of the conducting circuit of an electrical apparatus, as an inductorium, dynamo, or electric motor, usually provided with binding screws for the attachment of wires by which a current may be conveyed into or from the machine; a pole.
9. terminal ·add. ·noun a rate charged on all freight, independent of the distance, and supposed to cover the expenses of station service, as distinct from mileage rate, generally proportionate to the distance and intended to cover movement expenses; a terminal charge.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012