noun a portion or part; something.
2. thing ·noun a transaction or occurrence; an event; a deed.
3. thing ·noun in scandinavian countries, a legislative or judicial assembly.
4. thing ·add. ·noun ·alt. of ting.
5. thing ·noun whatever may be possessed or owned; a property;
distinguished from person.
6. thing ·noun clothes; furniture; appurtenances; luggage; as, to pack or store one's things.
7. thing ·noun an inanimate object, in distinction from a living being; any lifeless material.
8. thing ·noun a diminutive or slighted object; any object viewed as merely existing;
often used in pity or contempt.
9. thing ·noun whatever exists, or is conceived to exist, as a separate entity, whether animate or inanimate; any separable or distinguishable object of thought.