vt to drive, as a coach.
2. tool ·noun a weapon.
3. tool ·noun hence, any instrument of use or service.
4. tool ·vt to shape, form, or finish with a tool.
5. tool ·add. ·vt to travel in a vehicle; to ride or drive.
6. tool ·noun a machine for cutting or shaping materials;
also called machine tool.
7. tool ·noun a person used as an instrument by another person;
a word of reproach; as, men of intrigue have their tools, by whose agency they accomplish their purposes.
8. tool ·noun an instrument such as a hammer, saw, plane, file, and the like, used in the manual arts, to facilitate mechanical operations; any instrument used by a craftsman or laborer at his work; an implement; as, the tools of a joiner, smith, shoe-maker, ·etc.; also, a cutter, chisel, or other part of an instrument or machine that dresses work.