Meaning of WISE in English
v way of being or acting; manner; mode; fashion.
2. wise ·v hence, prudent; calculating; shrewd; wary; subtle; crafty.
3. wise ·v having knowledge; knowing; enlightened; of extensive information; erudite; learned.
4. wise ·v versed in art or science; skillful; dexterous; specifically, skilled in divination.
5. wise ·v hence, especially, making due use of knowledge; discerning and judging soundly concerning what is true or false, proper or improper; choosing the best ends and the best means for accomplishing them; sagacious.
6. wise ·v dictated or guided by wisdom; containing or exhibiting wisdom; well adapted to produce good effects; judicious; discreet; as, a wise saying; a wise scheme or plan; wise conduct or management; a wise determination.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012