Meaning of BEARER in English
/bair"euhr/ , n.
1. a person or thing that carries, upholds, or brings: dozens of bearers on the safari.
2. the person who presents an order for money or goods: Pay to the bearer.
3. a tree or plant that yields fruit or flowers.
4. the holder of rank or office; incumbent.
6. (esp. in India) a native boy or man employed as a personal or household servant.
a. furniture (def. 4).
b. one of several strips of metal fitted at the sides of a plate for support during inking and proving.
8. a joistlike member supporting the floorboards of a scaffold.
9. Furniture. See bearing rail .
[ 1250-1300; ME berere. See BEAR 1 , -ER 1 ]
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012