Meaning of CALENDAR in English
— calendrical /keuh len"dri keuhl/ , calendric, calendarial /kal'euhn dair"ee euhl/ , calendarian, calendaric , adj.
/kal"euhn deuhr/ , n.
1. a table or register with the days of each month and week in a year: He marked the date on his calendar.
2. any of various systems of reckoning time, esp. with reference to the beginning, length, and divisions of the year. Cf. Chinese calendar, Gregorian calendar, Hindu calendar, Jewish calendar, Julian calendar, Muslim calendar .
3. a list or register, esp. one arranged chronologically, as of appointments, work to be done, or cases to be tried in a court.
4. a list, in the order to be considered, of bills, resolutions, etc., brought before a legislative body.
5. Obs. a guide or example.
6. to enter in a calendar; register.
Also, kalendar .
[ 1175-1225; ME calender calendarium account book, equiv. to Calend ( ae ) CALENDS (when debts were due) + -arium -ARY; see -AR 2 ]
Syn. 3. diary, schedule, program.
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012