Meaning of CHART in English
— chartable , adj.
/chahrt/ , n.
1. a sheet exhibiting information in tabular form.
2. a graphic representation, as by curves, of a dependent variable, as temperature, price, etc.; graph.
3. a map, esp. a hydrographic or marine map.
4. an outline map showing special conditions or facts: a weather chart.
5. Astrol. horoscope (def. 1).
6. Jazz. a musical arrangement.
7. the charts , ratings of the popularity of popular-music records, usually based on nationwide sales for a given week: Their album is number three on the charts this week.
8. to make a chart of.
9. to plan: to chart a course of action.
10. Informal. to rank in the charts: The new song gets charted number four this week.
[ 1565-75; charte c ( h ) arta; see CHARTA ]
Syn. 3. See map. 9. draft, outline, draw up.
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012