Meaning of CRAFT in English
— craftless , adj.
/kraft, krahft/ , n. , pl. crafts or, for 5, 8, craft , v.
1. an art, trade, or occupation requiring special skill, esp. manual skill: the craft of a mason.
2. skill; dexterity: The silversmith worked with great craft.
3. skill or ability used for bad purposes; cunning; deceit; guile.
4. the members of a trade or profession collectively; a guild.
5. a ship or other vessel.
6. a number of ships or other vessels taken as a whole: The craft were warned of possible heavy squalls.
7. aircraft collectively.
8. a single aircraft.
9. to make or manufacture (an object, objects, product, etc.) with skill and careful attention to detail.
[ bef. 900; ME; OE craeft strength, skill; c. G Kraft, D kracht, ON kraptr ]
Syn. 1. metier. 2. talent, ability. 3. craftiness, shrewdness, deceitfulness, deception. See cunning .
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012