— disklike , adj.
/disk/ , n.
1. any thin, flat, circular plate or object.
2. any surface that is flat and round, or seemingly so: the disk of the sun.
3. disc (def. 1).
4. Computers. any of several types of media consisting of thin, round plates of plastic or metal, used for external storage: magnetic disk; floppy disk; optical disk.
5. Bot. , Zool. any of various roundish, flat structures or parts.
6. See intervertebral disk .
7. Bot. (in the daisy and other composite plants) the central portion of the flower head, composed of tubular florets.
8. any of the circular steel blades that form the working part of a disk harrow.
9. Math. the domain bounded by a circle.
10. Archaic. discus.
11. Informal. disc (def. 3).
12. to cultivate (soil) with a disk harrow.
Also, disc (for defs. 1, 2, 4-9, 12).
[ 1655-65; discus DISCUS; cf. DISH ]