Meaning of EMISSION in English
/i mish"euhn/ , n.
1. an act or instance of emitting: the emission of poisonous fumes.
2. something that is emitted; discharge; emanation.
3. an act or instance of issuing, as paper money.
4. Electronics. a measure of the number of electrons emitted by the heated filament or cathode of a vacuum tube.
5. an ejection or discharge of semen or other fluid from the body.
6. the fluid ejected or discharged.
[ 1600-10; ( emission- (s. of emissio ), equiv. to emiss ( us ), ptp. of emittere to EMIT ( e- E- + mit- send + -tus ptp. suffix) + -ion- -ION ]
Syn. 5. ejaculation. 6. ejaculate.
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012