Meaning of EQUIPMENT in English
/i kwip"meuhnt/ , n.
1. anything kept, furnished, or provided for a specific purpose.
2. the act of equipping a person or thing.
3. the state of being equipped.
4. the personal knowledge and skill required for a task, occupation, etc.: He has the necessary equipment for law.
5. the rolling stock of a railroad.
[ 1710-20; EQUIP + -MENT ]
Syn. 1. apparatus, paraphernalia, accouterment.
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012