Meaning of EXPLICIT in English
— explicitly , adv. — explicitness , n.
/ik splis"it/ , adj.
1. fully and clearly expressed or demonstrated; leaving nothing merely implied; unequivocal: explicit instructions; an explicit act of violence; explicit language.
2. clearly developed or formulated: explicit knowledge; explicit belief.
3. definite and unreserved in expression; outspoken: He was quite explicit as to what he expected us to do for him.
4. described or shown in realistic detail: explicit sexual scenes.
5. having sexual acts or nudity clearly depicted: explicit movies; explicit books.
6. Math. (of a function) having the dependent variable expressed directly in terms of the independent variables, as y = 3 x + 4. Cf. implicit (def. 4).
[ 1605-15; explicitus unfolded, set forth, var. ptp. of explicare. See EXPLICATE ]
Syn. 1. express, definite, precise, exact, unambiguous. 3. open, forthright, unabashed.
Ant. 1. indefinite, ambiguous.
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012