Meaning of FACILITY in English
/feuh sil"i tee/ , n. , pl. facilities .
1. Often, facilities .
a. something designed, built, installed, etc., to serve a specific function affording a convenience or service: transportation facilities; educational facilities; a new research facility.
b. something that permits the easier performance of an action, course of conduct, etc.: to provide someone with every facility for accomplishing a task; to lack facilities for handling bulk mail.
2. readiness or ease due to skill, aptitude, or practice; dexterity: to compose with great facility.
3. ready compliance: Her facility in organizing and directing made her an excellent supervisor.
4. an easy-flowing manner: facility of style.
5. the quality of being easily or conveniently done or performed.
6. Often, facilities . Informal. a rest room, esp. one for use by the public, as in a theater or restaurant.
7. freedom from difficulty, controversy, misunderstanding, etc.: facility of understanding.
[ 1375-1425; late ME facilite ( facilitas. See FACILE, -ITY ]
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012