Meaning of FITTING in English
— fittingly , adv. — fittingness , n.
/fit"ing/ , adj.
1. suitable or appropriate; proper or becoming.
2. the act of a person or thing that fits.
3. an act or instance of trying on clothes that are being made or altered to determine proper fit.
4. anything provided as equipment, parts, supply, etc.
5. Usually, fittings . furniture, fixtures, etc., as of a building or apartment.
[ 1525-35; FIT 1 + -ING 2 , -ING 1 ]
Syn. 1. fit, meet, right, decorous, seemly.
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012