Meaning of FLUID in English
— fluidal , adj. — fluidly, fluidally , adv. — fluidness , n.
/flooh"id/ , n.
1. a substance, as a liquid or gas, that is capable of flowing and that changes its shape at a steady rate when acted upon by a force tending to change its shape.
2. pertaining to a substance that easily changes its shape; capable of flowing.
3. consisting of or pertaining to fluids.
4. changing readily; shifting; not fixed, stable, or rigid: fluid movements.
5. convertible into cash: fluid assets.
[ 1595-1605; fluidus, equiv. to flu ( ere ) to flow + -idus -ID 4 ]
Syn. 2. See liquid .
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012