— industrially , adv. — industrialness , n.
/in dus"tree euhl/ , adj.
1. of, pertaining to, of the nature of, or resulting from industry: industrial production; industrial waste.
2. having many and highly developed industries: an industrial nation.
3. engaged in an industry or industries: industrial workers.
4. of or pertaining to the workers in industries: industrial training.
5. used in industry: industrial diamonds: industrial fabrics.
6. noting or pertaining to industrial life insurance.
7. an industrial product: diamonds classed as industrials and nonindustrials.
8. a company engaged in industrial enterprises.
9. an employee in some industry, esp. a manufacturing industry.
10. industrials , stocks and bonds of industrial companies.
[ 1580-90; INDUSTRY + -AL 1 ]