Meaning of INTERIOR in English
— interiority /in tear'ee awr"i tee, -or"-/ , n. — interiorly , adv.
/in tear"ee euhr/ , adj.
1. being within; inside of anything; internal; inner; further toward a center: the interior rooms of a house.
2. of or pertaining to that which is within; inside: an interior view.
3. situated well inland from the coast or border: the interior towns of a country.
4. of or pertaining to the inland.
5. domestic: interior trade.
6. private or hidden; inner: interior negotiations of the council.
7. pertaining to the mind or soul; mental or spiritual: the interior life.
8. the internal or inner part; inside.
a. the inside part of a building, considered as a whole from the point of view of artistic design or general effect, convenience, etc.
b. a single room or apartment so considered.
10. a pictorial representation of the inside of a room.
11. the inland parts of a region, country, etc.: the Alaskan interior.
12. the domestic affairs of a country as distinguished from its foreign affairs: the Department of the Interior.
13. the inner or inward nature or character of anything.
14. Math. the largest open set contained in a given set, as the points in a circle not including the boundary.
[ 1480-90; inter- inward + -ior comp. suffix; see EXTERIOR ]
Syn. 8. See inside .
Ant. 1, 8. exterior.
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012