— nationally , adv.
/nash"euh nl, nash"neuhl/ , adj.
1. of, pertaining to, or maintained by a nation as an organized whole or independent political unit: national affairs.
2. owned, preserved, or maintained by the federal government: a national wildlife refuge.
3. peculiar or common to the whole people of a country: national customs.
4. devoted to one's own nation, its interests, etc.; patriotic: to stir up national pride.
6. concerning or encompassing an entire nation: a national radio network.
7. limited to one nation.
8. a citizen or subject of a particular nation who is entitled to its protection: U.S. nationals living abroad.
9. Often, nationals . a national competition, tournament, or the like: We're invited to Minneapolis for the nationals.
10. a national company or organization.
[ 1590-1600; NATION + -AL 1 ]