Meaning of ORGANIZATION in English
— organizational , adj. — organizationally , adv.
/awr'geuh neuh zay"sheuhn/ , n.
1. the act or process of organizing.
2. the state or manner of being organized.
3. something that is organized.
4. organic structure; composition: The organization of this painting is quite remarkable.
5. a group of persons organized for some end or work; association: a nonprofit organization.
6. the administrative personnel or apparatus of a business.
7. the functionaries of a political party along with the offices, committees, etc., that they fill.
8. an organism.
9. of or pertaining to an organization.
10. Informal. conforming entirely to the standards, rules, or demands of an organization, esp. that of one's employer: an organization mentality.
[ 1375-1425; late ME organizacion organization - (s. of organizatio ), equiv. to organizat(us) (ptp. of organizare; see ORGANIZE, -ATE 2 ) + -ion- -ION ]
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012