Meaning of ROUTINE in English
— routinely , adv. — routineness , n.
/rooh teen"/ , n.
1. a customary or regular course of procedure.
2. commonplace tasks, chores, or duties as must be done regularly or at specified intervals; typical or everyday activity: the routine of an office.
3. regular, unvarying, habitual, unimaginative, or rote procedure.
4. an unvarying and constantly repeated formula, as of speech or action; convenient or predictable response: Don't give me that brotherly-love routine!
a. a complete set of coded instructions directing a computer to perform a series of operations.
b. a series of operations performed by the computer.
6. an individual act, performance, or part of a performance, as a song or dance, given regularly by an entertainer: a comic routine; a dance routine.
7. of the nature of, proceeding by, or adhering to routine: routine duties.
8. dull or uninteresting; commonplace.
[ 1670-80; route ROUTE ]
Syn. 8. habitual, ordinary, typical.
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012