Meaning of SCHEME in English
— schemeless , adj. — schemer , n.
/skeem/ , n. , v. , schemed, scheming .
1. a plan, design, or program of action to be followed; project.
2. an underhand plot; intrigue.
3. a visionary or impractical project.
4. a body or system of related doctrines, theories, etc.: a scheme of philosophy.
5. any system of correlated things, parts, etc., or the manner of its arrangement.
6. a plan, program, or policy officially adopted and followed, as by a government or business: The company's pension scheme is very successful.
7. an analytical or tabular statement.
8. a diagram, map, or the like.
9. an astrological diagram of the heavens.
10. to devise as a scheme; plan; plot; contrive.
11. to lay schemes; devise plans; plot.
[ 1545-55; schema (s. schemat- ) schêma form, figure ]
Syn. 1, 6. See plan. 2. stratagem, cabal, conspiracy. 5. pattern, schema. 10. See plot 1 .
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012