/suyt/ , n. , v. , sited, siting .
1. the position or location of a town, building, etc., esp. as to its environment: the site of our summer cabin.
2. the area or exact plot of ground on which anything is, has been, or is to be located: the site of ancient Troy.
3. Computers. See Web site .
4. to place in or provide with a site; locate.
5. to put in position for operation, as artillery: to site a cannon.
[ 1350-1400; ME situs position, arrangement, site (presumably orig. "leaving, setting down"), equiv. to si-, var. s. of sinere to leave, allow to be + -tus suffix of v. action ]
Syn. 2. position, location, place.