Meaning of SUMMIT in English
— summital , adj. — summitless , adj.
/sum"it/ , n.
1. the highest point or part, as of a hill, a line of travel, or any object; top; apex.
2. the highest point of attainment or aspiration: the summit of one's ambition.
3. the highest state or degree.
4. the highest level of diplomatic or other governmental officials: a meeting at the summit.
5. See summit meeting .
6. of or pertaining to a summit meeting: summit talks.
7. to take part in a summit meeting.
8. to reach a summit: summited after a 14-hour climb.
9. to reach the summit of.
[ 1425-75; late ME somete som top ( summum, n. use of neut. of summus highest; see SUM) + -ete -ET ]
Syn. 1. peak, pinnacle. 2, 3 . acme, zenith, culmination.
Ant. 1. base.
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012