Meaning of TWO in English
/tooh/ , n.
1. a cardinal number, 1 plus 1.
2. a symbol for this number, as 2 or II.
3. a set of this many persons or things.
4. a playing card, die face, or half of a domino face with two pips.
5. in two , into two separate parts, as halves: A bolt of lightning split the tree in two.
6. put two and two together , to draw a correct conclusion from the given circumstances; infer: It didn't require a great mind to put two and two together.
7. amounting to two in number.
[ bef. 900; ME; OE twa (fem. and neut.; cf. TWAIN); c. G zwei; cf. L duo, Gk dýo ]
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012