Meaning of UNDERNEATH in English
/un'deuhr neeth", -needh"/ , prep.
1. below the surface or level of; directly or vertically beneath; at or on the bottom of.
2. under the control of; in a lower position in a hierarchy of authority: Underneath the department heads are the junior executives.
3. hidden, disguised, or misrepresented, as by a false appearance or pretense: Underneath his bluster is a timid nature.
4. below; at a lower level or position; on the underside.
5. lower; situated below or under.
6. the bottom; underside; lowest part.
[ bef. 900; ME undernethe, OE underneothan. See UNDER, BENEATH ]
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012