Meaning of AREA in English
noun the inclosed space on which a building stands.
2. area ·noun extent; scope; range; as, a wide area of thought.
3. area ·noun a spot or small marked space; as, the germinative area.
4. area ·noun an extent of surface; a tract of the earth's surface; a region; as, vast uncultivated areas.
5. area ·noun the sunken space or court, giving ingress and affording light to the basement of a building.
6. area ·noun any plane surface, as of the floor of a room or church, or of the ground within an inclosure; an open space in a building.
7. area ·noun the superficial contents of any figure; the surface included within any given lines; superficial extent; as, the area of a square or a triangle.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012