Meaning of PRODUCTION in English
— productional , adj.
/preuh duk"sheuhn/ , n.
1. the act of producing; creation; manufacture.
2. something that is produced; a product.
3. Econ. the creation of value; the producing of articles having exchange value.
4. the total amount produced: Production is up this month.
5. a work of literature or art.
6. the act of presenting for display; presentation; exhibition: the production of evidence in support of the case.
7. Informal. an unnecessarily or exaggeratedly complicated situation or activity: That child makes a production out of going to bed.
8. the organization and presentation of a dramatic entertainment.
9. the entertainment itself: an expensive production.
10. regularly manufactured; not custom-made, specially produced, or experimental: a production model.
[ 1400-50; late ME production- (s. of productio ) a lengthening. See PRODUCT, -ION ]
Syn. 6. introduction, appearance, display, materialization.
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012