Meaning of DIRECTOR in English
1 controls a company/an organization
▪ company , managing
▪ executive , non-executive
▪ assistant , associate , deputy
Alan Watt, senior ~ of marketing and strategy
She is the founding ~ of graduate programs.
▪ acting , interim
Ms Hidden has replaced her as acting ~.
▪ art , commercial , communications , editorial , finance , marketing , medical , production , sales , technical
▪ national , regional
the company's regional ~ in North America
He was athletic ~ of Mills College.
the company's personnel ~
an eminent museum ~ and curator
▪ programme/program ( esp. AmE )
Fred Madison, technology program ~ for the Industrial and Technology Assistance Corp.
▪ the board of ~s
▪ the post of ~ ( esp. BrE )
2 of a film/movie, play, etc.
▪ film ( esp. BrE ), movie ( esp. AmE ), theatre/theater
▪ Bollywood , Hollywood , etc.
▪ artistic , creative , musical
I got a call from the casting ~ asking me to do a part.
He became associate ~ of California Ballet in 1983.
Milberg is the station manager and programme/program ~ at WDAM Radio.
▪ the role of ~
He now felt ready to take on the role of ~.
Oxford Collocations English Dictionary. Оксфордский английский словарь словосочетаний . 2012